Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to ensure that we may serve you and other patients as safely and efficiently as possible.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery. It is highly recommended that you do not smoke after surgery as it will delay your healing.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery, care for small children or make important decisions for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, perfume, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Roccia, Dr. Marsh, Dr. Singh or Dr. Faigen prior to your surgical date for instructions.